[rescue] mouse options for ultra2?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Sep 28 13:42:17 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 13:27, Michael Schiller wrote:
> Actually you have to qualify the Type 5 keyboards. There are 2, the
> Type 5 that has a detachable cable, and the Type 5c that has an
> attached cable. The 5c is basically the same mechanism as the Type 6
> just in a housing that's similar to the Type 5. The original Type 5 is
> much heavier, and has a much nicer feel to the keys than the later 5c
> or 6;

I disagree.  I prefer the 5c and 6 to the type 5.  To me, the type 5
feels mushy.  Solidly constructed, yes, but i don't like the key
action.  (this may just be that all of my sun keyboards were bought
used, and type 5's are just old and worn.)

That said, after getting used to my Kinesis contoured keyboard, there is
no other keyboard that i ever want to use full time.  It was worth every
penny, even if i had paid retail. (which I didn't, got mine on ebay for
$125, iirc)  I thought they had sun adaptors, but i don't see them on
their website right now...

http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/

	-Dan Sikorski