Unemployment on the Rescue List? (was RE: [rescue] FS: SGI

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sun Sep 28 11:15:17 CDT 2003

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 12:33 PM, Dan Duncan wrote:

> As I recall, 'N.Miller' wrote:
>> <cynic>As if Danger could ever meet any of it's announced
>> release dates!</cynic>
>
> Yeah, the initial release was dragged forever, but it did go
> out on Tuesday to the first 1000 random users, so it should
> move pretty quickly from here.  The last OTA was also long overdue
> but once it started pushing it continued pushing.
>
> So how many people here have sidekicks, anyway, or would
> consider one with ssh?

Well, depending on the other stuff in the update, I *might*
keep mine, but I doubt it.  This is my second B&W (battery
died in the first one), and it has been acting flaky lately
("SIM not ready", not coming out of sleep w/out power off/on,
screen getting wobbly).  I treat my tech gear much better
than almost anyone I know, so it's not like the damned thing
has been abused--it's just poorly made.

I will probably just activate a POS Moto C332 I have that a
customer dumped and sell the Sidekick or see if I can get
something uber cheap but reliable like a Samsung R225.

Unemployed for a long while.  May have a contract starting in
a week or so, but not 100% at this point.  In talks with
family to get them to write a mortgage on my grandmother's
house in AL which has not sold in 2 years, so we can get
the hell out of CA and get expenses down.  Big ugly happening
with business and personal finances at this point (what
finances--no cash, just debt!).

:-/

=Nadine=