[rescue] mouse options for ultra2?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Sep 28 02:58:01 CDT 2003

On 28 Sep 2003, Daniel de Young wrote:

> hearing about irix supporting ps2 scroll mice (drool) has got me
> wondering what choices (if any) i have for mice on my ultra2.  i have a
> standard "type 5" keyboard and 3 button mouse.

Well, I don't think there are any scroll-wheel options for an Ultra2,
since there's no way to get USB into it.  The best you're going to be
able to get is the Type 6 "Crossbow" mouse, which I think is
significantly more comfortable than the Type 5 mouse.  However, the Type
5 keyboard is worlds better than the flimsy junk in the Type 6.  A Type
5 keyboard will work just fine with a Type 6 mouse, and I think that'd
make you quite happy.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols