[rescue] Noticing something in doco's while installing Solaris on SS20

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Fri Sep 26 19:17:03 CDT 2003

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 05:39  PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I don't plan to use this with the SS20, but I noticed that Solaris 9
> removes support for FDDI.  Does this mean that I'll have to downgrade
> my installation of Solaris 9 on my Ultra 2 in order to use the sbus
> FDDI cards that I have?

Solaris 9 supports FDDI! The only thing is, you need to add a line to
the /etc/system file:

set sunddi_netifname_constraints=0

After adding that line, it should use FDDI with no problems.

This is of course unless Sun officially pulled FDDI from the later
releases (I'm using one of the earlier Sol9 releases), but I kind of
doubt that.

-Mike