[rescue] Re: Sun 370-1678

Chris Powell Chris.Powell at zarlink.com
Fri Sep 26 03:34:15 CDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:06:31 -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> The Mic II will work with any Sun that has the standard mini phono jack.
>
> With the correct cable it will work on the pizza and LB.

Not sure this is correct. The Microphone I (square thing) will work
with anything - provided you have a good lithium cell in it and
it's switched on :) The Microphone II (tie-clip lookalike thing)
hasn't got a power source (parasite power?) so needs a Sun which
supports it - certainly SS5/SS20 and later, not sure about SS10
LX etc. Pretty sure not SS1/SS2/IPC/IPX class.