[rescue] IBM and Unisys equipment

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Sep 25 20:37:40 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 09:27, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Where in northern Indiana?  What was the Unisys used for, and by who?

Elkhart for the IBM stuff, Goshen for the Unisys.

> I know that the A-series can be big..... how big is this system?

Not all too big, as you will see below....

> I'd like to see the pictures.

Sorry about the blurryness of the pictures and their size, i was just
snapping shots quickly when i took them, and am too lazy to resize them.
If anyone can correct me on what is in these pictures, please do, i
certainly don't really know what the stuff is, i just know what i
figured out from some of the documentation i found there.

Front view of the Unisys, with what i believe is the power supply for it
in the background.

http://dansikorski.com/unisys/IMG_0390.JPG

External tape drives and hard drives from it.

http://dansikorski.com/unisys/IMG_0391.JPG

Monitor box that was talking to me:

http://dansikorski.com/unisys/IMG_0395.JPG

This one shows the side of the unit with bonus co-worker, UPS and AC
units, and all sorts of other mess in the background: (Oh, hey, guess
there was at least two terminals there.)

http://dansikorski.com/unisys/IMG_0398.JPG

	-Dan Sikorski