[rescue] UFS and HP9000 questions

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Sep 25 14:54:54 CDT 2003

On 2003.09.25 20:49 James wrote:

> I am hoping that the diskettes would be compatible with a modern 3.5
> in disk drive
I don't have the model numers in my head, but AFAIK most (all?) of the
old HP-IB 3.5" floppy drives used a very special format. (I have
somthing about 800 kB and 600 RPM in my head.) No PeeCee will be able to
read this. I doubt that Linux can read the filesystem either, UFS !=
UFS...

Maybe you can remove the framebuffer to force the machine to serial
console?

> BTW, at some point this hardware will be dumpster-bound and I don't
> have the room to rescue them. They are in NH and will probably be
> free if anyone is interested.
You may also post this to the classiccmp list. Subscription: