[rescue] IBM and Unisys equipment

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Sep 24 23:11:57 CDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 11:53:36PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 10:29:20PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> > paraphernalia with this, tapes, boards, even Unisys branded cans of
> > freon.  This machine apparently had some sort of monitoring system with
>
> The freon ... is it the "old" kind?  If so, it is worth getting and
> selling (you can sell it legally if it is old stock) to folks with the
> old kind of AC units.

What I'd love to get my hands on is a fresh supply of old-stock Halon
fire extinguishers.  I mean, preserving the ozone layer is a nice thing,
but when it comes down to a few kilograms of ozone or the most effective
technology ever developed for knocking down a fire, I think I know where
my priorities lie when I have a fire in my kitchen.