[rescue] IBM and Unisys equipment

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Sep 24 22:29:49 CDT 2003

I have access to some equipment that will probably soon be hitting a
dumpster.  This is not currently in my possession, but probably could be
if i want it.

The biggest of this is what i believe to be a Unisys A series
mainframe.  I don't know anything about it, but did snap a few pictures
of it that i could make available if anyone's interested.  It's
currently powered off in the same room that Unisys installed it in when
the machine was new.  There's one terminal in there, and a couple of
hard drives and tape drives attached to it.  There's a lot of
paraphernalia with this, tapes, boards, even Unisys branded cans of
freon.  This machine apparently had some sort of monitoring system with
it.  Part of the time while i was in the room, a box on the wall was
saying "Alert condition two exists!" repeatedly.  Also present is the
Unisys-owned cabinet.  Think they'd still want the call to come unlock
it and clean it out?

At another location, there is an IBM tape drive model 3430, and an IBM
line printer model 5262.  These are both on pallets and were left in a
warehouse by the previous owner of the building.  Condition unknown.

If anyone is interested in this stuff, let me know.  It's all in
northern indiana, and i seriously doubt that it's worth shipping
anywhere.  It can probably be stored for a while (the unisys will
probably sit there and rot) if someone is genuinely interested.

	-Dan Sikorski