[rescue] Indigo processor question

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Sep 24 19:11:46 CDT 2003

OK... so I'm playing with this new toy... Indigo XS4000 with
Elan video.....

Well, the proc doesn't have the right threaded screws to hold it
down... so I assume it was pulled from an Indigo 2.

I also have an Indigo 2 processor which I'm pretty sure is
an R4400SC150.  It also doesn't screw down to the mainboard.

Looking up the part numbers on line they both seem to be
150mhz parts.... however...

the one that came with the box (030-8116) hinv's as a 75MHZ R4000
while the one that I rescued from I2 parts is an 030-8232 and
identifies as a 50MHZ R4000.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Thanks,

  -- Curt