[rescue] SS20 recovery

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Sep 24 17:51:53 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 05:22 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke
wrote:

> Plug in a keyboard and hold down Stop-N while you turn on the power.
> Assuming you don't have security set on it, that will reset all NVRAM
> values to factory defaults.

That worked fine.  So now I am trying to setenv output-device
screen:r1024x768x60 which works, but none of the PC displays in the
office work.  The only display that works at any resolution (all of
them in fact) is the Apple Studio Display 17".  I guess I'll have to
get the 20" out and use that for my Powerbook.

>> The machine is booting.
>
> If Stop-N doesn't work, you probably have security set.  Boot into
> Solaris and run the following command as root to disable security
> before trying again:
>
>    eeprom security-mode=none

heh... would work if I had been the one who installed the OS in the
first place and could see what I was doing.  I'm taking the drive out
anyhow since it's a 9GB but it has the knife grinder bearing sound
which is mind numbingly annoying.

Andrew