[rescue] SS20 recovery

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Sep 24 16:43:40 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 04:53 PM, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr.
wrote:

> 1. If your using the 13W3 on the rear, do you have a VSIMM installed ?
> 2. If you have a VSIMM installed, do you have it in the correct slot ?
> 3. Is your sun keyboard working and plugged into the correct port ?
> 4. Any idea if the sun keyboard port on your 20 is bad ?

1. I tried that connector... nothing I have an Sbus Turbo XGX that I
was trying first.
2. None see above.
3. As far as I know... It beeps on power on... and I get 1 or 2 flashes
of caps lock as the drive heaves to and sounds like it is booting an OS
4. Nope

This is the first time I've turned this unit on.. It came from Sam...
Sam if you know what the status of this unit was when you last used it,
let me know.

> If all the above is good, try powering up the 20 while holding down
> STOP-N on the Sun keyboard (Stop and 'N' keys) till you get a display
> or the machine is obviously booting with no display... this should
> reset the nvram.

Will try.

Andrew