[rescue] Iris 4D/310 keyboard connector (&huge IRIX stash)

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Wed Sep 24 14:31:06 CDT 2003

Hello Walter,

> Just picked up an Iris 4D/310 RealityEngine. Is the 9-pin connector the
> console connector?

  The one labelled "1A"? Yes. Just attach a terminal with the typical
  settings and you are ready to rock. :)

> The thing has a weird (15-pin?) keyboard connector.

  SGI proprietary. I *think* there are sites on the web that have the
  pinout for the different SGI keyboards and as far as I remember it's
  just a matter of builting the appropriate adaptor. As for using PS/2
  keyboards, there is one guy who has a description of how to attach a
  PS/2 keyboard/mouse to an Indigo.

> Together with the beast, I got a *HUGE* amount of old OS media, great! I
> got IRIX 3.3 (QIC), 4.0.5, 4.0.5F, 5.0.1, 5.2, 6.2 and a huge load of
> Indyzone/Hotmix/..

  Hmmm... speaking of that... I'm trying to collect as much old
  releases as possible. Anyone interested in filling the gaps in each
  others collection? ;)

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de