[rescue] Advice on Octanes

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Sep 23 18:16:52 CDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

> > I recommend a remedial computer architecture class before making such
> > statements, thanks :).
>
>    Classes != reality.  Sorry to burst YOUR bubble.  All the classes in
> the world won't make one number larger than another.

Please..... Dave, I do computer architecture fora living, and I am
gettinga freaking PhD on it, I know what I am talking about OK?

Shees, I am sure you could tell the Stream guys something that only you
know:

 SGI Octane2/R12k-400 :  514.1 MBps

 Pentium III/733-CM(pgi) :  685.7 MBps

OK?

So last time I checked, 514.1 < 685.7 Or maybe math is biased too? :)