[rescue] Anybody want a K-Class?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Sep 23 13:46:59 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 02:39 PM, Mike Johnson wrote:

> Andrew Weiss [ajwdsp at cloud9.net] wrote:
>
>> What are the IBM's I wonder.
>
> Sorry about that, needed to proof-read one more time, it seems.  All we
> know is that they're IBM RS6000/250.  We didn't have a monitor that
> would sync to them, and serial didn't seem to work. :(  They make
> noise,
> though.  RAM and HDD exist, but we don't know how much.

Oh.... heh... not so useful... I have 6 of those.  The frame buffer
requires a special cable.  Together with my 7006 41T, they make
extremely slow workstations with nice graphics (GXT 500 in the 7006)...
or a moderately fast headless system, but I'd rather have a POWER 2
based box.

that K is beautiful, however...

Andrew