[rescue] Advice on Octanes

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Sep 23 11:36:58 CDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:54:51 -0500
Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> > One of the things I'd like to get for the Octane is a DVD reader -
> > not necessarily a burner though.
>
> Acard, I believe it is, makes a SCSI<->ATAPI adapter.  I wonder if it
> would work with an ATAPI DVD-ROM on an Octane.  Acards

I'll have to check them out.  If I could get an inexpensive IDE CD
burner and DVD reader (or even DVD burner) that are IDE and the adapter
isn't too expensive, that might make a good alternative to stupidly
expensive SCSI peripherals.

I'm definitely going to have to look into that,

--
Kurt              "You're all bastards! MTV sucks! We hates you all!"
kurt at k-huhn.com                                -- Gollum