[rescue] Advice on Octanes

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Sep 23 10:00:18 CDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:19:45 -0500
Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> First, there is something important to remeber about SMP.  You don't
> just add a second CPU like you do on most machines.  Instead you pull
> the CPU module and add a dual CPU module.  Dual R10k 250s seem to be a
> litle under a grand still when seperate from the machine, but great
> deals can be had from time to time.

Once in a while you can find a deal on a R12k-300.  I found mine just
shy of a year ago for USD$230.  The market seems to still be supporting
roughly a USD$400 price on those.

Since I use mostly single-user apps on my Octane, a single R12k was my
first choice.

--
Kurt              "You're all bastards! MTV sucks! We hates you all!"
kurt at k-huhn.com                                -- Gollum