[rescue] Rescued a SGI Indy

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Sep 22 19:52:33 CDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:20:30 -0400
pmagic wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I recently, rescued a SGI Indy, R5k180, with 256MB and a 4gb someone
> was going to throw out. There is no OS loaded. I am looking for a copy
> of IRIX v6.5 for it. I believe v6.5 will work. I'm new to this OS. But
> looking to learn. Thank You for any assistance. Later, pmagic

*sniffle*

My first SGI (running) was an Indy R5k.  I paid dearly for it, and now
they're tossin' 'em out inteh trash.

Note: While it is possible to run 6.5 on a 4GB disk, if you plan on
putting any of the freeware (freeware.sgi.com) on it, you're going to
want *at least* a 9GB drive.

--
Kurt              "You're all bastards! MTV sucks! We hates you all!"
kurt at k-huhn.com                                -- Gollum