[rescue] Anyone use one of these Gigabit network cards in aU30/U60 or E250?

Neil Verkland Neilv at i-gen.com
Mon Sep 22 09:48:39 CDT 2003

If you don't mind switching operating systems, (I prefer OpenBSD over
Solaris) there is support for all of the following GIGABIT cards (and
more) under OpenBSD on the Sparc64:

           o   The Alteon AceNIC V Gigabit Ethernet adapter (1000baseSX)
           o   The Alteon AceNIC V Gigabit Ethernet adapter (1000baseT)
           o   The 3Com 3C985-SX Gigabit Ethernet adapter (Tigon 1)
           o   The 3Com 3C985B-SX Gigabit Ethernet adapter (Tigon 2)
           o   The Netgear GA620 Gigabit Ethernet adapter (1000baseSX)
           o   The Netgear GA620T Gigabit Ethernet adapter (1000baseT)

If you want more info:
	http://www.openbsd.org/sparc64.html#hardware

Neil S. Verkland, B.Sc. Comp.Sci
RealTime Automation Software Engineer