[rescue] routing and sunos 4.1.4

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Fri Sep 19 15:27:28 CDT 2003

I've got my IPX setup with SunOS 4.1.4 and patched it with all the
recommended patches. I assigned it an IP out of my Linksys DSL router's
DHCP pool and, at this point, have done "route add default" to point at
the router as my gateway.  No nameservice is running at this point. If I
can even get the net to work via IP, I can go scarf a dhcp client and
use my ISP's nameservers. I can ping all the local machines but nothing
past the router. I'm probably forgetting something brain damaged simple,
but what?

Hints, tips, suggestions accepted.

Thanks,
William
--
REGIME CHANGE STARTS AT HOME... Wesley Clark for President
http://www.clark04.com/