[rescue] openboot password

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Sep 18 19:55:50 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 19:48, Daniel de Young wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 17:34, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> > There is. Do a Google and you will see.
>
> I did. so far...
<snip>
> What a pain. I guess I'll have to swap a disk, install Solaris on the
> U1, then swap it back.

Well, i haven't done it with a ultra2, but with sparc5's (and other
sparcs, i know) you can get it to the password prompt, pull the prom,
hit enter, put the prom back in and you're set.  Yes, pull the prom
while the machine is running, just do it carefully. :)  This has been
discussed on this list in the past.

	-Dan Sikorski