[rescue] Re: Iris 5.3CD

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 18 09:08:38 CDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:54:00 +0200
Walter Belgers wrote:

> Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> > havn't ever tried this myself.  I've duplicated IRIX before... using
> > a CD duplicator....
>
> I've never duplicated IRIX 5.x nor 6.x. I do have some copies of 4.x
> lying around, that I haven't really tried. It might be those are not
> (yet) multisession.
>
> Btw, are multisession CDs hard to copy, even with M$-tools like Nero?

I haven't tried duplicating IRIX CDs, but everything else I have tried worked just fine with Nero. I don't know if HP-UX is as "exotic" as IRIX, but Nero worked fine for duplicating HP-UX CDs. My assumption would be that a bit-for-bit copy *should* preserve any multisession or other filesystem oddities, regardless of the host system or burning software.
- Mike