[rescue] IRIX 5.3 CD questions

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Wed Sep 17 08:42:57 CDT 2003

Hello Kevin,

> IRIX 4.x was before Indigo Magic desktop right?

  possibly. A quick look at Google shows first references to the term
  "Indigo Magic Desktop" in relation to very early IRIX 5.x versions
  and Indy / Indigo 2. I guess starting with 4.0 and the introduction
  of X they added most of what is "IMD" during the 4.x days. I've been
  running 4.0.1 on one of my machines and that looks surprisingly
  similar to even the newest versions[1].

Gerhard

[1] Screenshots:
http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/pictures/screenshots.html