[rescue] spam

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Sep 16 19:40:03 CDT 2003

Phil Stracchino  <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:17:23PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
>> Cool, does that mean I can attach an MP3 of me reading out my email
>> address? That'll definitely stop spammers from decoding it.

> I think that's going a little too far ....

Just you wait - one day it'll show up in one of the mail software arms
races.

> At the risk of facetiousness -- can you read out your email address in
> four seconds? :)

Sure. "ab-use at ca-bal org U-K". Probably less than three seconds. Don't
believe everything you read in the Jargon File or hear on the BBC about UK
speech ;)

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key