[rescue] SunPCi madness

robert brooke gravitt brooke at gravitt.org
Mon Sep 15 22:53:05 CDT 2003

On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 11:26 PM, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

> This is what I did:
>
> First, download and install 1.3. That is the latest that will work.

done.

> Then cd to /opt/SUNWspci/drivers/solaris/
>
> Then do:
>
> cp sunpcidrv.280 sunpcidrv.290
> cp sunpcidrv.280.64 sunpcidrv.290.64

done

> reboot

done.

and:
su -
cd /optSUNWspci/drivers/solaris
./sunpcload

> Click on the sunpci icon.

I get the following, ad nauseam:

The SunPCo device driver is not installed.

To run the startup program:

	1. Type: su, then enter your superuser password.
	2. Type: cd /optSUNWspci/drivers/solaris
	3. Type: ./sunpcload

> Play with dos/windows/etc. to your hearts content.

:-(

Nothing. The reason I'm even doing this is to replace my dad's windoze
box with a more stable machine, allowing him to continue to use his
windoze based genealogy application.

> The End.

Not yet, sadly.

--Brooke