[rescue] Installing SunOS 4.1.4?

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Mon Sep 15 20:57:27 CDT 2003

On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 05:43  PM, William Barnett-Lewis
wrote:

> Well, I have an IPX on the way and want to be nostalgic, at least for
> awhile. I have used SunOS in the past but never installed on a Sun
> until
> Solaris 7, so I presume the older system might have been a wee bit
> different... ;'>

You need partition 2 (c) on the CDROM, for sun4c.

Depending on the age of the PROMs, that might be sd(0,6,2) or if you're
lucky, just the devalias 'cdrom'. I think the IPX should be new enough
to have OpenBoot.

That should be sufficient. I've been doing this myself, actually, in
the last couple days, on SS1s and SS2s.

ok
bear