[rescue] Closet cleaning IV

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Sep 15 08:24:37 CDT 2003

On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 12:46 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   You might just be able to get down to 600W in a VAX 6000.  Don't
> give up yet.
>
>>  NY power is very expensive.  For a while we were at 13 cents a kwH.
>
>   Time to move.

I agree... I'm also on the 3rd floor in an old farmhouse style house
with two power circuits to my apartment one for each half of the
apartment.  It's a really large 2 bedroom which is why I like it and
it's cheap in NY dollars. $975 a month.  3rd floor, however, precludes
having BIG heavy monsters.  The biggest stuff I have is a 32 U HP 9000
rack with a D-Class and Jamaica box, and I had a Crimson and a Power
Series VGX as well.   Getting those up and down stairs were
interesting.  Sridhar knows. :-)  So does my friend(ex-boss) Jimmy.

Andrew