[rescue] Vaxstation 3100 and NetBSD

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Sep 15 01:53:22 CDT 2003

On Sunday, September 14, 2003, at 02:00 PM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>> Besides, at work we want to eventually get everyone on a net boot
>> setup, I better practice now :)
> There is a good netboot HOWTO on the NetBSD web site in the
> documentation section. It has general as well as architecture
> speciffic (how to set up MOP) instructions.
> Netbooting VAXen is quite easy and _the_ method to get NetBSD on them.

   Interesting.  I've never done it via netbooting.

>  If you need help to get NetBSD installed by hand drop me a mail.
> sysinst is notoriously broken on VAX becauses nobody use it.

   Also interesting.  I've used sysinst on NetBSD/vax for the past
several releases, on many different machines, and have had no problems
whatsoever.  What brokenness are you referring to?  And how is it
possible that a sysinst problem can be architecture-specific?  I can't
think of any reason it'd need to be.

        -Dave