[rescue] Big Honkin' Drives

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 18:53:10 CDT 2003

--- brooke <brooke at gravitt.org> wrote:
> OK, I picked up a couple of drives on ebay, they're 23 GB SCSI sCa
> full-height drives. They only cost me a dollar plus shipping. I
> greatly underestimated the size of these things! They're  like
> 5 & 1/4 inches wide and 60 feet tall!
>
> What in hell am I going to put these things in? Any ideas?

In an SS/20 with a *heavily* modified bracket? ;^)

I think if cost is a major concern, then a PC case is your best bet,
but you will most likely need a home-made/custom cable to have some
sort of reasonable external connector...

Guess why they were $1/ea? ;^)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall