[rescue] SGI O2 Rescue

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Sep 12 11:27:59 CDT 2003

On 2003.09.12 14:51 Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> I got a revised Xservers line from somebody that has you removing the
> part of the command line for the X server that turns on the 8bit
> overlay plane.  With that gone and the X server restarted things are
> much less sluggish.  I have it set to 16x16 color depth I think.
This is somthing different (Indigo^2 R10k Impact) but I had to remove
that 8 bit stuff to to get GNOME applications to work proper:
[jkunz at oblina jkunz]$ cat /var/X11/xdm/Xservers
:0 secure /usr/bin/X11/X -bs -nobitscale -c -solidroot sgilightblue
-cursorFG red -cursorBG white -c -class TrueColor -depth 24
#:0 secure /usr/bin/X11/X -bs -nobitscale -c -pseudomap 4sight
-solidroot sgilightblue -cursorFG red -cursorBG white
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen