[rescue] best OS for SPARCserver 10

Daniel Johannsson djohanns at northwestern.edu
Fri Sep 12 09:39:43 CDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I've not seen (assumed) 9 Gig HDs with 50 pin "narrow" SCSI that would
> fit in the case (1.5" tall 3.5" drives)...

9gb 50pin low profile drives do indeed exist.  I just pulled a failed one
of these out of my ss10 a few days ago, a Seagate of some sort (it's at
home, I'm at work).  These 9/50/lp drives seem to be extremely rare these
days though, and I've had no luck finding a reasonably priced replacement.
The few found on ebay seem to be in the $100 range.  Anyone know where a
resonably priced replacement could be found?  Used drive would be ok.

Thanks,

Dan Johannsson