[rescue] SGI O2 Rescue

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Sep 12 07:48:40 CDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:48:24 -0500
Brian Dunbar <Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com> wrote:

> SGI O2
> Irix 6.3
> MIPS R1000 Rev 2.7/2.6
> 195Mhz Proc
> 192 / 256 MB RAM

You suck.

> I know what I'm going to do with 'em .. and I won't ask what good they
> are for (grin) but I _will_ ask if there are any gotchas with these
> critters.

Find an attack cat to keep me away?  :)

You're going to want to put 6.5.latest on them, obviously, They only
take 1" high SCA drives, and there's only one drive bay - as opposed to
the R5k units that have two.  Video capture on the R10k-based O2s has
been shown to be problematic by some people.  Apparently frames are
dropped for some reason.  I can't recall specifics.

Other than that, they're really nice systems.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."