[rescue] If one person could do it, maybe we could do this

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Sep 9 12:27:06 CDT 2003

On 2003.09.09 18:23 Eric Dittman wrote:

> I would have to say that adding PCI support to OpenVMS/VAX would not
> be an insignificant project.
Well, there is the TurboChannel option. OpenVMS has TurboChannel
support. There is a TurboChannel option for the VAXstation 4000 60 / 90.

PCI support for NetBSD would be easy. I will volunteer to do this once I
have the running NewVAX hardware. ;-)

> One thing to remember is that like the PDP-8/-4/-10 remakes, the idea
> (at least to start) is to create a compatible system that is small
> and stand-alone.
Sure. But it would be nice to have a fast path to easy to get
peripherals also.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen