[rescue] spam WPOISON

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 9 11:45:44 CDT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Everything I've ever seen that was written in C++ (except for
> possibly groff) is that slow.

I was a C++ programmer in a past life (and now don't touch the stuff),
and I think I'm in the same situation with C++ as you are with Java.
Properly-written C++ is -fast-.  Not as fast as C code (usually), and
certainly not pretty.  But I have a really hard time imagining how
people can write code that runs as slowly as OO, just like you have a
hard time imagining how Sun can crank out SMC with their name on it.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols