[rescue] If one person could do it, maybe we could do this

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Sep 9 04:49:41 CDT 2003

On 2003.09.08 21:54 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

[UNIBUS on FPGA reimplemented VAX]
> It would involve making the board unreasonably large.
A A/B dual card is enough for UNIBUS or QBus. Or a small CPU board with
a IDC connector that can be connected via ribbon cable to a paddle card
that goes into a BA23 QBus or BA11 UNIBUS box is an alternative. You can
use the same connector on the CPU for QBus and UNIBUS, just reconfigure
the FPGA for either QBus or UNIBUS.

But I would like to see a faster bus on a "new" VAX too. May I say PCI?
Or at least TurboChannel.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen