[rescue] spam WPOISON

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Sep 8 16:41:15 CDT 2003

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 05:32 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>>    According to the author, Wpoison was rewritten in Perl and the C
>> implementation scrapped to avoid the compilation step that a C program
>> requires.
>
> *boggle*
>
> That's it!  Assuming I don't get sidetracked by omit, Europa, or one of
> my other projects, I'll write a similar CGI tonight in C.
>
> Avoiding compilation.  *spit*

   Yeah, I thought the same thing.  I'll not start one, though, if
you're going to do it.

   Here's the relevant quote from the web page:

   "Formerly, Wpoison was available only as a C language source code
file which had to be compiled before use. The current version of
Wpoison  is now written in the widely used Perl language. Perl is an
interpretive language that requires no compilation step. Because of the
wide use and adoption of Perl as a language for web applications,
Wpoison will henceforth only be distributed as a Perl program."

              -Dave