[rescue] spam WPOISON

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Mon Sep 8 14:56:05 CDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 03:45:51PM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> For this application I wouldn't even consider C.

Neither would I[0].

> While C is fast... each link the bot hits is going to cause the
> web browser to launch the application for each link traversed... since
> the design is links to self along with garbage addresse to pollute
> their lists, a language that is resident with your web server is best
> (IMHO of course).

I fail to see why using C is going to require that.  Who said we planned
to use CGI for our C program?  Did you Dave?

--j

[0] Python, Lisp, Scheme, maybe even prolog[1].  OK, I might even
consider C.  But, I'd avoid perl[2].

[1] Probably not terribly practical, but why not?

[2] Or not.  Sometimes I just dash out small things in perl.  But, if
this was a fairly major project, which is sort of is, but might not need
to be, I certainly wouldn't use perl[3].

[3] And this time I mean it.