[rescue] If one person could do it, maybe we could do this in a limited fashion for other platforms as well.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Sep 8 12:54:32 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Oh yeah?  Just try to find a PDP8/I. :)

A lot of PDP-8's ended up in U.S. millitary equipment. I remember in the
early 90's being in my local electronics junk store (Fertik's in Philly)
and meeting a guy who was buying any board he could find with chips that
would work in PDP8's to use to repair those systems.

He was also buying boards that were similar in construction as he had
to train people how to solder unsolder the chips and still have them
work.

For all I know those machines are still in use :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com 972-54-608-069
Icq/AIM Uin: 2661079 MSN IM: geoffrey_mendelson at hotmail.com (Not for email)