[rescue] spam

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sun Sep 7 14:59:58 CDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 11:42:57AM -0400, Al Potter wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 03:23:48PM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> > > rescue at
> > > t       a
> > > e       w
> > > n       k
> > > .niatnuom
> >
> > Ooh, I like it.  :)
>

> So do I.
>
> Totally seriously, I suggest Curtis or the rescue list as a whole patent
> this method of email address encryption and license it freely to all users.
>
> Any attempt on the part of the spammer to overcome the protection scheme
> will, of course, be a violation of the DMCA and subject said spammer to
> federal prosecution.

Takes a fair bit of space, of course ....  though there's the potential
for multiple levels of "compression" too  :)

alaric-ruthv          I note that initial encoding time for multiple
 alaric at e          addresses is significant.  I also note that
ttphil at cn          "encoding" multiple addresses into one block
eet      la           significantly increases the level of resulting
nne      aea          obfuscation.  Sorting addresses for length is
  n tod ttrt          recommended when using this extension, and the
ttod sywell           innermost (shortest) address should be encoded
od knilhtrae          first to prevent, uh, "block overrun errors".  :)