[rescue] spam

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Sep 7 13:23:26 CDT 2003

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> Stop Spam. Nuke China.

Most of the spam that comes through China starts here in the US.  What
we need most are ISPs who are FED UP with this shit and are willing to
maintain blacklists of -people- (not IP ranges) and not sell service to
people on that list.  Also, large ISPs (perhaps backbones) who are
willing to apply the Internet Death Penalty to smaller ISPs who harbor
spammers would go a LONG way towards fixing this crap.

I have to say that I get far more spam from Lebanon than anywhere,
though.  My mail server now just drops any connections from there.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols