[rescue] solaris usb question

Klaasjan Brand sunrescue at kjb.dds.nl
Sun Sep 7 09:07:01 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 14:09, Michael Schiller wrote:
> I have a Sonnet Tango Firewire/USB card in my U30 and it works fine.
> The Tango card is designed for Mac computers, so it has openfirmware
> support built in, and I believe that's why it works with Solaris
> without extra drivers.

Interesting advice, just a shame the cards are expensive over here
(found one shop in the Netherlands where they ask > $80 for that card).
I'll try a cheaper one first.

Just one small question since you also have an U30 (I have posted it
before, but got no reply). Is your cpu fan running all the time (the fan
right under the power supply)? Mine's not running, so either I've got to
replace it or is it only triggered when needed?

thanks,
Klaasjan