[rescue] Re: the infamous missing CD

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Sep 5 14:28:49 CDT 2003

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> suninstall running in twm?  I get a console-based install....

I guess that depends on whether or not you have a gfx head/keyboard.
The installation tool (suninstall) is the same in both cases, but if a
gfx head and keyboard are detected, it pops up in an xterm inside of
twm, rather than on the console.

> (It works fine and does the job, though I'd prefer to be able to tell it
> not to install any of the CDE crap in the first place instead of having
> to go back and remove it all maunally afterwards.)

You can do that via the console install, just select your desired
distribution, select "customize", and deselect anything pertaining to
CDE manually.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols