[rescue] Apple Newton

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed Sep 3 12:39:19 CDT 2003

> > 	Spotted one of these criters on the shelf at a school I
> was working
> > at monday. They now oh me a favor and I was thinking I
> could suggest that I
> > take that item off there hands. Is there anything cool that
> one can do with
> > a newton?
>
> Umm... use it as a PDA? ;)
<Snip>

> Ed.

	Actually this is not a great use to put it to IMHO. I have a Palm V,
had a Palm III that work gave me. The only thing I have ever really used it
for was reading books on them. I found out that I had a naturally built in
PDA in my brain and I just use that. It may not be as efficient, but it is a
lot easier to carry. Sorta like the Onion article last week stating that I
have a perfect MP3 player in my mind.

	This one did have a fairly large screen on it. It may be even better
for reading books on than the palm is. Does anyone  know if it can handle
Tomb Raider and PDB files? As is there reading software for those formats
for the Newton?

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org