[rescue] Apple Newton

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Wed Sep 3 10:55:37 CDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Michael A. Turner wrote:

> 	Spotted one of these criters on the shelf at a school I was working
> at monday. They now oh me a favor and I was thinking I could suggest that I
> take that item off there hands. Is there anything cool that one can do with
> a newton?

Umm... use it as a PDA? ;)

If you put Graffiti onto it, it's quite usable if a bit of a brick.

> with a cable or two, is there any parephials that I should check and make
> sure that are there if I do ask for it?

* The stylus
* Some models have the batteries housed in a "battery carrier" behind
  the battery door - make sure this is there
* The PSU (if they ever had it)

HTH,

Ed.

--
I remember why I started becoming less tolerant, and I think I should strive
to become less tolerant in future. - RobA