[rescue] SunFastEthernet questions

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Sep 2 21:03:50 CDT 2003

So,  let me make sure I understand you...

Even if my hme and my autonegotiated switch negotiate at 100baseTX full
duplex (and never waver from that), the fact that the hme is in auto
negotiate is going to degrade my performance ?

This doesn't make sense to me (I'm not saying that you are wrong,
just that it doesn't make sense).  What could possibly be cuasing
a degradation in performance if negotiation has locked in at 100 full
and stayed at 100 full (with no error rate).

I also don't know the performance in my case of the Solaris for Intel
drivers for the ethernet card in my Solaris for Intel server (3COM 3C905).

I've heard the older cards (Big Mac (bmac)) had less performance (at
least under Solaris).

-- Curt