[rescue] SunFastEthernet questions

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 2 16:46:43 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Actually, I haven't had any problems with my Netgear switch and the U1,
> the U30, or the E3000.  All three happily sync up 100megabit full-duplex
> with no intervention on my part.

I've tried 3Com SuperStack switches, Catalyst 29xx and 35xx switches,
and Cabletron switches.  Yes, it'll negotiate at all of them, but you
won't get -nearly- full throughput.  At least, I was never able to.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Gamer weenies...are the sludge at the bottom
Elgin, TX          (    of the user swamp."           --Gary Nichols