[rescue] SunFastEthernet questions

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Sep 2 16:11:40 CDT 2003

Guess it depends on what switch your using.

I've had some touchy negotiation issues with a few hme card to a Catalyst
6500 on longer runs.

Other than that I've had no problem.  I have an issue with a NetGear
switch where it loves hme's and negotiates quickly... but if you plug
in the on board le to it, it won't negotiate in time for dhcp client
to work.... so I had to modify things so it would wait before giving
up on getting a dhcp response to give things enough time to negotiate.

-- Curt