[rescue] FDDI concentrators, cables, cards?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Sep 2 02:40:21 CDT 2003

On 2003.09.01 23:22 Paul Weissmann wrote:

> With the ugly 9-pin SUB-D connector for CDDI shitz, I've seen those.
Why is a SubD 9 ugly? ;-)

> Most SK concentrators I've seen on eBay.de have CDDI-ports and only
> MIC A/B, whereas I need more MIC ports, or at least SC ports.
Sometimes there are SK concentrators with more MIC ports. Note that the
port interfaces are modular. You can replace the CDDI ports with MIC
ports from an other concentrator. The SK concentrators have a management
module and you can configure each port to be S, M, or A/B. I thought
about bying a bunch of these SK concentrators, collect the MIC modules
into one to get a concentrator that has MIC/FDDI _and_ CDDI. I have one
machine with CDDI (Indigo2 R4k4) but my concentrator, a Hirschmann
MC10-03, has only MIC/FDDI ports.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen