[rescue] SSA 1010 DOc search

Kay sunfriek at ussonet.net
Mon Sep 1 11:59:15 CDT 2003

they also will take a 18GB 1" drive as well .. but the array only see's 16GB
of it .. so you loose 2GB per drive... The firmware would have to be changed
to see more than the 16GB limitation and SUN wont change it at this point.

> Hi AL,
>
> They will take 1, 2 4 or 9 GB 1" drives _BUT_ many have an early revision
> psu which will pop if too heavily loaded. I know this from experience and
> watching the list, my psu went bad with a load of 5 x 9 GB, 1 x 4 GB and 2
> 2 GB, all others 1 GB. The replacement psu was spec for a later revision
SSA
> and works fine.
>
> With 9 GB drives, you may only see 8 GB depending on manufacturer and/or
> firmware (Seagates 8 GB, Fujitsu or IBM 9 GB from memory).
>
> Good luck.
> --
> Paul Nutton, SysAdmin, High Performance Computing, AWE plc.
> "Tech still has the shelf life of a banana. It will quickly
> go brown and mushy. There's an opportunity to keep
> developing because people will need a new banana."
>              - Scott McNealy, Sun Microsystems CEO
> --

___

> The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in
confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this
email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication
or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us
immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message
from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not
accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.