[rescue] OT: FeeCee rescue

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Wed Oct 1 15:41:19 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 01:19  PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>> Nobody runs it anymore? Huh?
>
>   I think he meant "in Israel".

I would have to say that while the BSDs are generally thought of more
highly on this list, that's not the perception of 'the public'. The
only company that even mentions BSD is Apple, but linux is mentioned by
lots of companies, including Sun, IBM, & I believe SGI.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is right, or the way
it should be, only that this is the way it is. Linux has become a
buzzword in IT, whereas the BSDs just don't have the same recognition.

-Mike